> "The LRW-AES transform and the key-export format are only a portion of a
> secure shared storage media solution. Authentication and authorization
> protocols are beyond the scope of this specification."

It implicitly implies that LRW-AES is the right transform, even if
authentication and authorization (access control) is provided by other
means. There have been no such claims. In fact, P1619 assumes that an
unauthenticated, unauthorized person can access the ciphertext, that
is, no access control is present. In this light, (the lack of)
authentication and authorization is and has been in the scope of this
specification.