Rob/Garry,

> The cryptographic transform must therefore provide protection against
> meaningful ciphertext manipulation by an attacker.

The problem I already mentioned still remains: the sentence could imply
that LRW-AES does provide protection against meaningful ciphertext
manipulations. Changing the ciphertext gives one bit information in the
corresponding plaintext (equal / not equal). It is fully predictable and
easily exploitable. Therefore, I should like to change the sentence to
something like:

The cryptographic transform must therefore provide *some* protection
against ciphertext manipulation by an attacker.  Or

The cryptographic transform must not allow more than one bit information
carried over to the deciphered plaintext from ciphertext manipulation by
an attacker.

Laszlo