STOP NATO: ¡NO PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK

ListBot Sponsor

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brian Burch
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 5:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: san: Killing of a Protester

July 20, 2001

Francesco Scarlata, Consulate General

Italian Consulate

Cons. Gen. 136 Beverly Street

Toronto, Ontario

M5T 1Y5

Dear Mr. Scarlata,

It was with dismay that I heard of the killing of a protester in Genoa, Italy.

The protester was, it is my understanding, shot in the head.

I must protest, in the most strongest terms, the use of what can best be described

as extra-judicial executions to deal with expressions of dissent.

If there are allegations of illegal activities at a protest, the proper method to deal with such allegations are through arrests and a fair and impartial trial of those accused of criminal

activities.  It is never appropriate to use deadly force to deal with those willing to speak

out.

I look forward to reading of charges being laid against the officer responsible for the

death of the protester.  Any other response is a public acceptance of the use of

murder as a political tool.

Sincerely,

(Rev.) Brian Burch

To unsubscribe, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]