Hello Friends,

I am introducing you to my new email address, listed below (which
routes through Gmail, a much better way of organizing correspondence
IMHO). Also, I just want to put in an encouraging plug for the
Democratic endorsement process this time around.

Unfortunately, endorsees do not have a good record for getting elected
to mayor in this town. I have not taken a position on either
candidate, except to say that both would be a VAST improvement over
Randy Kelly. I have received letters from both campaigns and I am
impressed with the array of support that both sides have mustered.

I am currently an alternate to the convention and may decide to
abstain from the vote unless I can be convinced by either party that
they have the "chutzpah" to be Kelly. It won't be easy and I have no
doubt that strong-arm tactics will be employed.

What is needed is total unity behind the most viable candidate and
then a commitment to out-working Kelly, no holds barred. Remember that
money is NOT the only factor in an election like this; voter outreach
and organizing the membership groups around the best possible
candidate is the only way this one can be won.

Cheers & many happy GOTV phone calls,
Cristy

P.S. I am a supporter of Tom Goldstein for School Board. Even if you
have no interest in the mayor's race, show up to the convention anyway
to support your school board candidates, good people who do much
thankless work for the all-important cause of education!

--
Cristy A. De La Cruz
P.O. Box 16147

voice: 651.699.2697