Hi Ken,

We are running 1.5 deploymnet, without any problems, except, if you have a EAR with more than one web-app, than you get burned by glassfish classloader stuff (at least, I recently did got burn):

lets say you have /admin and /site context (ear with ejb module, and admin.war and site.war packaged),
and you have two login beans, in both webapps, with mapping like:

@UrlBinding("/login.html")
Now, calling /site/login.html results in calling LoginBean that is located in your admin.war, /admin/login.html thus. You get an exception, NPE at:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.AnnotatedClassActionResolver.getEventNameFromRequestParams(AnnotatedClassActionResolver.java:445)

GF explanation to this:

"The Servlet specification recommends that the Web Classloader look in the local class loader before delegating to its parent. You can make the Web Classloader follow the delegation inversion model in the Servlet specification by setting delegate="false" in the class-loader element of the sun-web.xml file"

so this looks like:

 <sun-web-app>
       <class-loader delegate="false"/>
   </sun-web-app>

also, be sure to read:

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/nonav/javaee5/docs/DG/beade.html

We have no other problems..
hth,
-m

Nick Stuart wrote:
We have been deploy to glassfish for awhile now on a lot of enivronments (linux, windows server 2000-2008, etc). We haven't had a problem at with using stripes and/or glassfish. We have a bunch of third party dependencies as well (spring/hibernate/etc) and again the all play nicely with glassfish. We even have the security manager turned on for one of our components, and still don't have any issues with.

Are you doing anything 'funky' with your ActionBeans? We use pretty standard stuff (Stripes 1.4) with no @UrlBindings or anything, this may be a difference.

-Nick