You mention that it took some time to get the deployer JARs right - I'm not
exactly sure what you mean by that, but I do think that that's the source of
your problems. If you download a Tomcat ZIP from tomcat.apache.org, extract
it, and deploy the quickstart application that comes with Stripes (by
copying the WAR file to the webapps directory of your Tomcat installation
and then running catalina run from the bin directory), everything should
work fine. If that's the case, maybe you could tell us some more about your
deployer JAR activities?

  Levi