Levi Hoogenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Many thanks to Levi (and Ben) for the quick feedback!

> You mention that it took some time to get the deployer JARs right -
> I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but I do think that that's
> the source of your problems. If you download a Tomcat ZIP from
> tomcat.apache.org, extract it, and deploy the quickstart application that
> comes with Stripes (by copying the WAR file to the webapps directory of
> your Tomcat installation and then running catalina run from the bin
> directory), everything should work fine. If that's the case, maybe you
> could tell us some more about your deployer JAR activities?

There was indeed a jar clash: Originally, I dropped the jars (total of 8)
of the tomcat 6.0.16 deployer zip file into the lib folder of the
application (I do not have a full understanding what they do and where
they need to go, but I will do some more research on this).

As a quick check, I manually created a folder for my application
"stripesstart" in Tomcat 6's webapp folder without the deployer jars (no ant
deployment for the moment) - and now the my "stripesstart" starts up :-)

Thanks again for your help, this was much appreciated! I will most likely
be back here as I am getting stuck on some of my next steps...

See you soon
Peter