On 06-08-2008 at 05:33, Brian Wawok wrote:
> Validation Errors are stored in the context as a HashMap. This means if we
> have
> 10 fields and 5 of those contain an error, we will see a random ordering of
> those errors during display.
>
> Would it make sense for stripes to either
> 1) Order errors in the same order it sees the fields in the form below? (this
> may be a pain to implement)
> 2) Order the errors in the order we enter them (i.e. use a linked list of
> <pair>
> not a map to store them)

AFAIK, Stripes actually sorts the error messages alphabetically, but maybe
that has changed.

At any rate, browsers are free to order request parameters in any way. So
unless the major browsers just happen to give them in page order (if!),
there's no meaning in retaining that order.

It would make more sense to order validation errors according to the
validation annotations, or alphabetically, etc.

Just my €0.02...

Oscar

--
   ,-_   The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those
  /() )  who think.