"But if you rename or move your action bean, you'll have to replace all
the beanclass attribute values. So that's not that great either, IMHO."

IDE's refactor you know.  So this shouldn't be a problem.  Plus, how
often do you really move a class around?

"If a submit causes validation errors, the browser's title bar will show
the POST generated URL. (This can be worked around by *always*
redirecting after posts, as I once had to do on a previous project, but
that's a lot of effort for a small gain.)"

"small gain" depends on the requirements, doesn't it?  So if my client
wants that then the gain is substantial.  Anyway, you can get the URL's
you desire by following my suggestions.

Gregg