Does anybody have any insight on this?

________________________________

From: Asleson, Ryan [mailto:asle...@biworldwide.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:45 AM
To: Stripes Users List
Subject: [Stripes-users] RedirectResolution in Unit Tests

Hello,

I'm using Stripes 1.5.  I'm writing unit tests for my ActionBean
classes.  I've noticed that when testing ActionBean methods that create
and return a RedirectResolution, the unit test is failing with a
NullPointerException on line 59 of the OnwardResolution class.  I'm
using the RedirectResolution constructor that takes an instance of an
ActionBean Class object.

Digging into the OnwardResolution class, line 59 is the constructor for
OnwardResolution that takes an ActionBean Class object.  It seems to be
this line that is failing:

StripesFilter.getConfiguration().getActionResolver()....

I'm guessing either the Configuration on the StripesFilter is null, or
the ActionResolver on the Configuration is null.  Unfortunately, I don't
seem to be able to set either of these up via mutator methods.

Is this correct?  Am I simply unable to create RedirectResolution
objects outside of the web container and in unit tests?  Is there
anything I'm missing or is there a workaround?

Thank you!!!!

-Ryan

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by
e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.