I'll try it out.  Thanks Ben!!!

________________________________

From: Ben Gunter [mailto:gunter...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 7:11 AM
To: Stripes Users List
Subject: Re: [Stripes-users] RedirectResolution in Unit Tests

Yes, I think it depends on how you want to do your tests. If you
actually want to use Stripes' MockRoundTrip then you should try to set
up all the filters and stuff just like they'll execute inside the app
server. That will give a true indication of how everything will work. It
sounds like your case might not be that simple.

On the other hand, I just did a quick test that looks good for you. I
created an ActionBean and called an event handler that returns a
RedirectResolution and got the exception you saw that kicked off this
thread. Then I copied StripesTestFixture verbatim into my test package,
added a line that calls StripesTestFixture.getServletContext() before
creating the ActionBean and everything worked just fine. So you probably
can solve your problem just by copying a file and adding one line of
code to execute before your test suite runs.

-Ben

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Oscar Westra van Holthe - Kind
<kin...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

        On 19-12-2008 at 06:49, Asleson, Ryan wrote:
        > From what I can see there's one problem with MockRoundTrip:  I
can tell
        > it the class of the ActionBean I want to test, but I can't
pass to it an
        > instance of an ActionBean.  Instead, it seems to rely on
creating an
        > ActionBean instance when the round trip is executed.  This
doesn't work
        > for me, as I need to create an instance of the ActionBean
myself so I
        > can set mock collaborators on it.  My ActionBeans use Spring
beans, and
        > in my unit tests I mock out these Spring beans with EasyMock
and inject
        > them myself into the ActionBean under test.
        >
        > Since MockRoundTrip creates an instance of the ActionBean on
the fly,
        > and doesn't let me create my own instance of the ActionBean, I
can't set
        > mock objects on the ActionBean.
        >
        > Is this correct, and if so, can you recommend any work around?

        This is correct, but IIRC the MockROundTrip does a full cycle:
filters,
        servlets, interceptors, etc. So a correctly configured fixture
will have
        Spring inject the objects as usual -- apart from the fact that
Spring uses
        your mocked objects via EasyMock.

        The actual configuration for this is too long ago for me though.

        --
          ,-_  Oscar Westra van holthe - Kind
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kindop/ <http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Ekindop/>

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the
original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.