Note: I am a desktop application developer trying to learn web development --
so any help with these questions would be really appreciated. Many thanks!!

I am working on email verification and I was trying to determine the best
approach to the following problems, using stripes, jsp's, ActionBeans and
hibernate.

I've created a secret code mechanism using an md5hex, and I have two
ActionBeans and jsp's (one for registration and one for verification).

1) How do I construct a link that will give me the users id and email address
so that I can automatically verify them when they click that link?

2) How do I pass the users id and email address from one ActionBean jsp pair
(the registration page) to the second ActionBean jsp pair (the verification
page)?  The page needs to be accessible after the session is over -- so I'm
thinking that I should be embedding the users id and email address in the link
-- what is the best way to do this?

3) What processes have you created to handle email verification?

Thank you,
Laura Ferguson