Grzegorz Krugły <g...@...> writes:

> I noticed that index.jsp is an oftenly proposed solution, but I don't
> think it's good for Search Engine Optimization reasons. I believe
> rewriting URL is a better solution, as the user (and Google, etc.) will
> still see the original URL even though we serve them something different
> (for instance, when we match the URL to / we can serve what Stripes has
> bound to /home but the user still sees / in his address bar).

I don't mean to argue about this, but when you have index.jsp as a
welcome-file in web.xml and that JSP forwards to your action bean, the
user (and Google) *will* still see the original URL, /, in the address
bar[1] and *will* see the response of the action in the content, because
the JSP does a forward, not a redirect. So, I don't think that this is
a case against the index.jsp solution.

That being said, I'm not here to have a big argument over this - certainly
there are other valid reasons for preferring a URL-rewriting solution.

[1] in Tomcat and Jetty, at least.

Cheers,
Freddy
http://www.stripesbook.com