On Dec 10, 2009, at 6:39 AM, Michael Cervenak Ahern wrote:

Hi,

I am looking to potentially port a Struts 1 application to Stripes. I was looking through the documentation and I did not see an obvious way to include HTTP verbs as part of the request mapping syntax like in Spring:
   @RequestMapping("...", method=RequestMethod.GET)
Is functionality available or available as part of a plugin?

No, we've talked about it in the past, but nothing yet.

Are you anticipating doing a lot of stuff like this or just a little?

One big issue, IMHO, is that to do it right I think Stripes would end up cloning much of what already exists (such as JAX-WS), and I really don't think there's value in that on a large scale. I think it would be better to simply ensure that it interoperate all right with other frameworks (never tried Stripes and something like Jersey together, should work, but who knows...).

On a small scale, it could probably be done through an interceptor, and on a really small scale, the Request is available, so you can simply dispatch on that.

Regards,

Will Hartung