> On the source forge page of Stripes I see the text:
>
> "Source forge description: It's stripey and it doesn't suck"
>
> I don't know what 'stripey' is, but I think 'suck' is really
> inappropriate
> language for a serious product as The Stripes Framework...
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stripes/

Back in 2005, TheServerSide was the forum for many a web framework
animated flame war. People were finally realizing that Struts
was asking way too much work from the developer and doing way too
little work for the developer in return--others knew it all along--
and Tim Fennell's intelligent and insightful comments were signed
with a link to Stripes and the caption: "Because web development
doesn't have to suck." This caught my eye because it was a bold
statement.

Now, 2010 closing out, TSS is still the (a) site for animated
flame wars, Struts has been replaced by JSF which is just as bad,
but it takes a Spring vs Java EE thread; just your run-of-the-mill
"here's my new framework" post doesn't make people waste their
time anymore. Stripes has matured and perhaps, Karen, you are
right, we shouldn't use 'suck' in our tagline.

So, after all the brou-ha-ha-ha-ha of getting Stripes back
into action, let's hear suggestions for a new, catchy, witty,
smart, attractive tagline.

Don't ask for mine, I've already used it for a book title ;)

Cheers,
Freddy