Hi @ll,

it's a loooong time since I started this Thread. Sorry, for the gap,
some other tasks came in that got priority.

Anyway now I found the time to check up on the problem again. I started
from scratch and downloaded to most recent version of stripes and
stripesstuff. I also started with my web.xml from scratch and did
everything like suggested in those two documents:

http://www.stripesframework.org/display/stripes/Quick+Start+Guide

http://www.stripesframework.org/display/stripes/Security+Interceptor+for+custom+authorization

Nothing changed about my problem.
I started looking into the source code of the SecurityManager. I used a
debugger. I noticed: The SecurityInterceptor is never loaded.

I added to my web.xml:

<init-param>
  <param-name>Interceptor.Classes</param-name>
  <param-value>
    org.stripesstuff.plugin.security.SecurityInterceptor
  </param-value>
</init-param>

and suddenly: *MAGIC*! Everything seems to work (at least it looks like
it for now, I did not do any in depth testing).

But WHY? What the Hack? Is that a documentation bug? Should the second
article I mentioned above say that I need to add this to my web.xml? Or
is something else mysteriously wrong with my setup? What could it be? I
am running in Tomcat 6.

Thomas