Well folks, its been a while since I've been contributing / using Stripes
and I can tell you its been painful!  My latest venture is with a company
that is bent on using Spring front to back.  I can't say spring isn't a good
framework but I looked at it several years ago when the new EJB3 spec came
out and honestly, I switched and never looked back.  I was in charge of
finding a presentation layer and had been using struts at the time.  Stripes
was brand new.  I looked through Spring, Webwork, etc. and decided to go
with Stripes.  Best decision I ever made.  Now I am at a new company and
they are pushing spring from front to back.  I honestly have given it a
decent try and Spring MVC still seems just waaay too non-intuitive and I
don't see you getting much bang for the buck.  I am going to work on a
project over the weekend that uses Stripes / EJB3 insteat of Spring / Spring
/ Hibernate just to give a demo for co-workers on Monday.  My line of
thinking is Stripes for the web and put the business logic / data access on
glassfish or jboss using a stateless facade or web services to expose this
layer.  I know there are a ton of smart folks on here and I was wondering if
you folks could give some personal experiences / knowledge regarding an all
spring solution vs the stripes / ejb3 solution I would rather take.

Some of the main concerns / problems I have run into so far with Spring MVC
are :

1.  Error Handling JSR-303 really isn't that great.  Plus, how do I get
success messages back to the user?  They want you to forward to a success
page.  I just want to forward back to the list of objects with a success
message.  Why is that so hard?

2.  Spring still requires a bunch of xml config.  Stripes has spoiled me.  I
hate wiring beans and views.

3.  Internationalization.  Stripes is extremely and intuitive.  Spring has
me guessing as to what the crap key its looking for to display an error
message or some other message that I'm not calling myself.

Thanks In Advance.  I hope I'm back in the business of programming stripes
and have another company to add to the list.

Nic