Hi @ll,

I just noticed that in the application that I have just started
parameter values did not end up correctly in my database if the
parameter values contained non-ascii characters (tested with german
umlauts). It looks like my browser (Opera) passed the parameter unicode
encoded and stripes assumed that it is iso-8859-1 encoded and translated
the value to unicode again which of course results in strange symbols ;-).

I eventually found this:
http://www.stripesframework.org/display/stripes/Localization#Localization-DeterminingtheCharacterEncodingtouse

And added this:

<init-param>
     <param-name>LocalePicker.Locales</param-name>
     <param-value>en_US:UTF-8</param-value>
</init-param>

to my web.xml which resolved the problem in my browser. But I guess that
there are plenty of ways to break this solution (such as setting my
browser to a different locale).

How can I deal with the problem?

Thanks,

Thomas