jsessionid is added by the container when the index.jsp is rendered.
But it should not be in the form action, I think.

I built a simple webapp for the test.
The date input is filled correctly on Tomcat 7.0.25 and Jetty 6.1.26.
And here's the form rendered for the first access.

<form id="noteEntry" action="/stripes-test/app/note" method="post">
        <!-- Thu Feb 23 17:59:04 JST 2012 -->
        <input id="date" name="date" value="23.02.2012" type="text" />

Note that there is no 'jsessionid' in the action attribute.
It's hard to guess what modifies your form action, though (extension? filter?).

So, I pushed the webapp to github.
You might be able to find the problem by modifying it incrementally.
https://github.com/harawata/stripes-test/tree/gmane-13304

To run it...
1. download the zip archive from the above page ('ZIP' button) and extract it.
2. execute mvn jetty:run (or mvn
org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:run) in that directory.
3. open http://localhost:8080/stripes-test/ in browser.

Hope this helps,
Iwao