I suggest you read this book if you're serious about understanding Stripes,

http://pragprog.com/book/fdstr/stripes

Where you're going:
http://localhost:8080/stripes-examples/quickstart/index.jsp?action=launch
is wrong.

You need to access the action bean not the JSP directly, which would
be a call such as

http://localhost:8080/stripes-examples/quickstart/Hello.action

This would work provided you have HelloActionBean.java which extends
ActionBean and is set up in web.xml properly for stripes to find it,
ex.
 <init-param>
            <param-name>ActionResolver.Packages</param-name>
            <param-value>net.sourceforge.stripes.examples</param-value>
        </init-param>

With no params the action would go to the method annonated with
@DefaultHandler, such as
@DefaultHandler
        public Resolution view() {
                return new ForwardResolution("example.jsp");
        }

Check out the Bugzooky example.. it has almost everything you'll ever need.