From Freddy’s book:

In web.xml
<servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>DispatcherServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>*.abc</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>
and override the getBindingSuffix( ) method of NameBasedActionResolver:

Create this class: /src/yourname/ext/MyActionResolver.java

package yourpackage.ext;
public class MyActionResolver extends NameBasedActionResolver {

@Override
protected String getBindingSuffix() {

return ".abc"; }

}