Hi,

I don't think you have to use a given extension.

Do you specify the appropriate content-type ?

You can set the appropriate content-type via StreamingResolution's
ctor arg :
http://stripes.sourceforge.net/docs/current/javadoc/net/sourceforge/stri
pes/action/StreamingResolution.html

Stuff like :
return new StreamingResolution('application/epub', ePubInputStream)
?

Using the extension in the URL is probably prettier, but I think it's
just a fallback that browsers use to associate the content with an
app, when content-type ain't specified.

Cheers

Rémi