On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, John Yu wrote:

> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:13:47 +0800
> From: John Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Comptability of JSR 127 and Struts [Was: SHORT TERM PLANS]
>

> Thanks for your reply, Craig. Your assurance is encouraging.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1. I think, correct me if I'm wrong, JSF's components are event-driven,
> like what Swing does, and the server-side needs the infrastructure (some
> servlets?) to handle the events. If so, I'm wondering how Struts controller
> can jell with this infrastructure.

In event processing terms, the only event that the Struts controller cares
about is a "page submit".  A GUI framework that intercepts any lower level
events it cares about, invisibly to the application, will be really easy
to integrate with.

> 2. Is there timetable for the publicly available spec draft?

When the expert group feels it's ready.  Prior to public draft, there will
be a "community review" period when everyone who is participating in the
JCP process (ans has signed a JPDA, as outlined at <http://www.jcp.org>)
gets to see and review it first.

> 3. Is there timetable for the Early Access impl?

When the expert group feels it's ready.

> I hope answering these are still within your NDA boundary.

How did I do :-)

> p.s. I saw the other thread on the multi-app support you checked in. Good
> work! (Do you sleep? :) I should check it out soon.

I've got one more useful new goody on my workbench - an ActionForm
implementation that uses the new DynaBean APIs in the Commons version of
BeanUtils that let you define form beans without having to write all the
properties in individual bean classes.

After that, maybe I can get some sleep.  :-)