Not necessarily related to the message I'm replying to, but if all of these proposed class/method deprecations and relocations occur, then I'd like to see another beta released before any talk of a final version of 1.1. I assume that would be the case, but I'm just prodding for it!

We're happily using 1.1b2 right now with no Struts-related issues, but it looks like some of our code would have to change with these class relocations and deprecations (we're using IDEA too, so it'd be no big deal, but I'd like to test it all thorougly as well).

Erik

Robert Leland wrote:
Joe Germuska   wrote:
 > The problem being that Struts hasn't really switched over to
 > commons-resources yet.  That would end up touching almost every
 > class!  Who wants to take that on when the masses are clamoring at
 > the gates for a 1.1 final release!

If the API's are very similar then I could do it, with IntelliJ with a few
mouse clicks.

We could always create an Interface in commons-resources and have
the struts implement that or have the struts classes extend the
commons-resources, that would limit the amount of code touched
for this release, then we could do a full conversion piece-by-piece later.

-Rob