[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Craig and lists,
>
> Is there are requirement NOT to use Frames? When viewing stuff that has a
> nice TOC, it is easier to relate to the 'Quick Links' if they gave you a
> sense of context. For example, I can't easily go from 'Controller
> Components' to  the Digester Guide...
>
> Using frames typically means smaller page sizes and easier navigability,
> although the same effect can be achieved without them.
>
> I'm happy to do a prototype with the current style sheets...

I personally don't have strong opinions one way or the other about frames
(although I know many web designers who do :-.  However, since we're using
stylesheets anyway, maybe we could set things up to render *both* ways so that
users can have their choice?

I'd welcome the help of someone who is better at XSLT stylesheets than I am to
set this kind of stuff up.