Tahir,

David Winterfeldt has a very nice approach to regex validation that just
plugs into the framework, without modifying the code. Check it out at <
http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/ >

This extends the current Struts validation, and works on both the client
and server side. This gets the basic validations out of the way, and
also lets you perform more extensive validations in the usual way. The
validation expressions are loaded from a XML configuration file, and can
be changed without recompiling.

Automatic properties were discussed when the article came out, but it
was tabled for the 1.1 timeframe.

<
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg00927.html

I believe the "XML --> ActionForm Code Generator" on the 1.1 todo list
may provide the same functionality when developed.

Currently, the only procedure for submitting tags is to post them to the
list, either as an attachment or with a link to a Web site. Diffs are
the traditional format for other types of patches.

We (meaning I) also hope to create a user contribution area soon, but
this seems to be a busy time for everyone.