I think this *may* solve the problem at the wrong level of abstraction. The
concept of Dynamic Properties, while useful in dealing with forms, has
nothing to do with forms and ActionForms intrinsicly. Dynamic
Properties should be available as a tool for any Java programming
task. I can think of many uses that do not even involve web
applications. To couple the idea of Dynamic properties to web forms
would be a mistake.

That said, your solution below does not, per say, couple Dynamic
properties to ActionForms. It seems that you just want to use Dynamic
properties with ActionForms, which seems fine to me. Otherwise, you
suggestion is very similar to the implementation approach I outlined
below.

Without question, however, Dynamic Properties should be part of the
struts beans package. Of course I am biased ;), but I think the
implementation I outlined in my last email on the topic (below) is the
right way to do this (similar to Niall's approach). There are
differences, however, with Niall's. For one, getValue and setValue
should deal with Objects and not Strings. My solution also contains
the concept of a registry for registering dynamic PropertyMappers
and how it should be integrated with the PropertyUtils class.

-will