> What I was thinking of originally was an approach to creating dynamic
> forwards, which could help with several things, including i18n, browser
> detection, multiple platforms, et cetera.

* What about using a request parameter in {} directly instead of {0}, {1},
etc ?
{locale} can be handled in particular way. I can hardly believe that
directory order
would be different for different languages.

* If we "misuse" parameter (parameter="forward") we can introduce some
general
action for handle cases, similar to one described by Ted.

<action
    path="/search/Name"
    type="app.Parameter"
    name="searchForm"
    scope="request"
    validate="false"
    parameter="forward">
    <forward  name="prospect"
path="/do/prospect/SearchName?fullName={name}"/>

* Yet another idea. What do you think about introducing a default basis
handler
for forwards (similar as it is done for exceptions), which can be overridden
and specified in config file ?

    <forward  name="prospect"
        path="/do/{locale}/prospect/SearchName?fullName={name}"
        handler=org.apache.struts.action.ForwardHandler"/>

* In order to avoid specifying {locale} in every forward, some kind of
global pattern can be introduced:

"do/{locale}/forward"

Dmitri Valdin