>The message resources work has been moved to Commons, for exactly this
>reason. It's currently in the sandbox under 'resources'. The problem at the
>moment seems to be that it's not at the top of anyone's list to work on
(and
>that includes me, I'm afraid), so not a lot has happened for a while.

same here with me unfortunately, i do plan to get to it though. i don't
really think there's much left to actually do.

>If you have the time and inclination, feel free to take a look at what's
>there and propose additions and/or changes (on the commons-dev list). If
you
>can post patches, I'll see what I can do about applying them.

there's a page or so of documentation you get after building the project,
that's hopefully enough to you started Dimitri.  Everything should be
usable,
and as MessageResources hasn't changed forever (at least in that project),
it should be the most stable Resources implementation, and you should be
able to use it just like you would use the MessageResources class in Struts.
It can be standalone or within the Resources Framework.

--
Martin Cooper