Hi there,

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but I was
playing around with generating my own errors and found
that ErrorsTag.doStartTag() worked alot better for me
when I changed the last line in the code below (which
occurs twice in the method)

       // Render header iff this is a global tag or
there is an error for this property
       boolean propertyMsgPresent = reports.hasNext();
       if ((message != null)&&(property == null) ||
propertyMsgPresent) {

to:

       // Render header iff this is a global tag or
there is an error for this property
       boolean propertyMsgPresent = reports.hasNext();
       if ((message != null)&&(property == null) ||
propertyMsgPresent&&(property != null)) {

I also think it conforms more to the orignal
intention. Without this change I got "null" printed
out either side of my error text which I am setting
dynamically in my Action.

Hope this all makes sense. Like the product, the only
criticism is the html tags take some mind bending to
get used to (specifically the 'property' property and
how it relates to the Form and any attached beans). A
nice explanation in JavaWorld might be good though ...

Thanks v. much,

(do you have a mailing list?)

Adrian

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.