"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> ... once the basic integration is done.

So, will there still be a separate tiles.jar, or is that going to be
rolled into the Struts.jar too?

Not for nothing, but maybe this would be a good time to also split the
distribution into two jars, struts-core.jar and struts-taglib.jar.

While the vast majority of Struts applications will use the taglibs, a
growing number are using other technologies. Expresso and Stxx offer
some slick XLS support for Struts. The Velocity View Tools are another
tag-free alternative. More are sure to follow.

Meanwhile, as we shift to the JSTL, our taglibs, as good as they are,
start to become more and more of an optional component. Since we are
making so many other JAR changes this cycle, it seems like a good time
to do this too.

-T.