Weird.  The javadoc I have in front of me says it extends object (well
the nifty little diagram di-do up top does), but when I examine the
class it extends RuntimeException.  That would be why the compiler isn't
catching it.  I should have realized that from it's name.

If I'm right then nevermind - if I'm not you can enlighten me if you
wish.  I'm going to go check out the javadoc for RTE.

--
Eddie Bush