Martin Cooper wrote:

>Well, everything extends Object, Eddie! ;-)

Not directly, we hope :-)

>(Sorry, I couldn't resist that.)

Yea, I'm glad someone had a good laugh out of it ;-)  Obviously that
little heirarchy up there shouldn't be taken entirely literally ...

>The JavaDocs on the web site have the correct scoop:
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/api/org/apache/commons/lang/exception
>/NestableRuntimeException.html
>
>and this is from the JavaDocs for RuntimeException:
>
>"A method is not required to declare in its throws clause any subclasses of
>RuntimeException that might be thrown during the execution of the method but
>not caught."

I skipped that and went to RuntimeException - the root of that leg.
 Same info.  Obviously I didn't get smart enough to look there til after
my post.

So these guys are like "compiler warnings" at runtime?  ... I never
liked warnings.  I'm one of the anal idiots that always set compiles to
break on them unless there was something beyond my control I *had* to
"live with".  They're more than "suggestions" dad-gummit!
<emote:slapKnee/> *ouch*

I prefer things that make you catch them :-/

--
Eddie Bush