At 01:46 PM 10/17/2002, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
An additional strategy to consider is to follow the pattern that I used
with GenericDataSource (when we switched to using commons-dbcp under the
covers) -- make the Struts-specific classes in o.a.s.util be just wrappers
around commons-resources, instead of forcing nearly every class to change.
This also protects application classes that are using the o.a.s.util APIs
already.
Having thought about this some more, it turns out that on further reflection, the place to specify the message bundle would be in the Validator Plugin DTD, and not in the Validator DTD. This is because the message bundles are purely used by the Validator Framework, so there's no need for Validator to know about them at all.

So, I'm going to keep 10868 a Struts bug and close out the Validator 1.0 release.

James