+1 for modules.

If the documentation refers to sub-apps anyplace today, that would be a bug =:0)

I did try using both, and sub-apps becomes clumsy.

It is probably true that 1.1 is only supporting one possible implementation of
modules, but that's something we
can sort out later. (Sub modules versus nested modules, or whatever.)

-Ted.y