jGuru does not claim ownership of the material, so there would
not be any copyright issues with them per se.

"2. Ownership of Material. Other than personally identifiable
information which is covered under the jGuru Privacy Policy,
any material, information or other communication you transmit
to this Site ("Material") will be considered non-confidential
and non-proprietary.  ..."

http://jguru.com/misc/user-agree.jsp

They are also very "Apache-friendly" (knowing which side of
their bread is buttered).

Though, my suggestion would be to maintain them there, since
the FAQ/Forum software is much easier to use. This would also
help take the heat off the Apache infrastructure.

I just meant to say I believe we could pull out archival copies
against the event that the Struts jGuru form ever became
unavailable.

My real concern is doing whatever is easiest for the volunteers
and most effective for the community. Managing a substantial
FAQ without good software is a huge chore.

The Jive Forums that Pier's been working on <nagoya.apache.org>
would certainly be a leg up, but the JGuru system is really the
slickest thing going.

-Ted.

10/27/2002 11:49:27 PM, James Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Would there be any copyright issues if they sit (identical) in
two places ?

>James Mitchell
>Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
>http://www.open-tools.org
>
>"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human
stupidity, and I'm not
>sure about the former."
>- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

FAQ,
>> I could share with you the manager's logon.
>>
>> The search capabilities there are much better, and jGuru has
>> firm commitment to supporting the open source community.
>>
>> I believe we should also be able to export the material back
>> out as XML if we wanted to retain a copy for safekeeping.
>>
>> Though, I think larger topics, like setting up Netbeans, are
>> very appropriate for a HOWTO section in the Users Guide (or
>> whatever).
>>
>> -Ted.
>>
>> 10/26/2002 3:42:01 PM, James Mitchell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I totally agree with you David.
>> >
>> >I've collected an enormous amount of FAQ material (which I
>> haven't organized
>> >yet) from this and the users list over the last 6 or 7
months.

>> >What good does it do to solve a really tricky problem if no
>> one else can
>> >take advantage of that knowledge transfer?
>> >
>> >I'll be adding the new FAQ material and a few 'how to'
>> sections  soon.  (for
>> >example: How to setup Netbeans to step through and debug
your
>> web
>> >application on Tomcat using Remote Debugging - a pictorial
>> guide)
>> >

>> >James Mitchell
>> >Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
>> >http://www.open-tools.org
>> >
>> >"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human
>> stupidity, and I'm not
>> >sure about the former."
>> >- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

questions.

>> irc.freenode.net to help
>> that much about
>> appreciate it if
>> occasional

>> you'd improve
doesn't
>> always work as

>> >For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:struts-dev-
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> >

>> >--
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> >For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:struts-dev-
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> >

>> --
>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>> <mailto:struts-dev-help@;jakarta.apache.org>