I agree with Martin that you can't ignore people using jsp:include. I prefer
his option B because then it allows someone to use the xhtml support in the
other tags without forcing them to use <html:html>. They would have to set
the attribute themselves and assume the risks that go along with making
assumptions about how the tag is working.