<whisper>Don't bother drawing a ballot up - these guys don't use it! They're all like thinking outside the box and adding options to it, dude! ... and there's that one fellow who is always saying "put your code where your mouth is - we only vote on code" - while standing there with a wild, Clint Eastwood look on his face! (Go ahead punk - make my release-candidate!) In any case, most people will tell you to ask for forgiveness instead of permission.</whisper>

I would follow Martin's suggest course of action, plan A. This way, you wind up having access to the tag, which is the Information Expert here. I don't agree with Martin's suggestion that this is a more robust way to handle things - I just think it's sensless to create things you don't need to. It's irrelevant whether you put a Boolean or the tag-handler out there with respect to the mucking of variables - the tag-handler is a java-bean, right? Thus, it could easily be updated at any stage too (ie futzed with). I do think it would be more efficient (albeit ever-so slightly) to just use the tag, since there is no additional creation of a Boolean object to stuff into the request.

In either case, yes, you're going to want to add some key to Globals - the name of it I wouldn't hazard a guess at. What you have sounds ok, but it's really representing the tag now, so perhaps it should reflect that in it's name? (ok, fine, I will hazard a pseudo-guess at it! ;-)

David Graham wrote:

I'm still unclear on the direction we should take here. I'd like to hear from other committers :-).

Thanks,
Dave
--
Eddie Bush