The future of the struts html tags is unclear. JavaServer Faces will largely replace their functionality. I just wanted to get simple xhtml support into Struts now because it's a requirement on some projects. It's easy enough to setup xhtml with the current nightly builds and enhancements I'll be making over the next few days.

David

From: "Hajratwala, Nayan (N.)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Struts Developers List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [VOTE] How to implement XHMTL support
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:18:57 -0500

I think it would be worth investigating whether or not XHTML is fully backward compatible with HTML 4.01 (which i think it is), and then ONLY rendering XHTML, and forgetting about HTML altogether. Of course, this would have the be a version 2.0 enhancement because it would likely break some people's pages.

Anyone agree?

---
- Nayan Hajratwala
- Chikli Consulting LLC