My concern with a omnibus "1.2" bucket is that it will clearly have over a 100 items in it already. I would hesitate to start marking everything that qualifies as "backwards compatible" for 1.2 without qualification.

Personally, I am ready to start marking choice items for the next iteration after 1.1, which I presume is 1.2.

I do believe that we should also be able to assign items to ourselves for the next iteration after that.

I would agree that after two iterations, things start to get hazy, but I think we should be able to think in at least those terms.

By thinking two iterations ahead, we encourage the idea that the next bus will be along in a minute, and you don't have to crowd everyone into this one =:0)

-Ted.

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
I added milesontes for "1.1 Family", "1.2 Family", and "2.0 Family".  When
we start detailing out the 1.2 thinking, we can create milestones for
specific 1.2.x releases.

I don't see any viable way to separate what should be marked 1.2 from what
would be marked 1.3 -- so, I suggest we say "anything fundamentally
backwards compatible, perhaps with a little refactoring" goes in the 1.2
bucket, while "anything radically new or different" goes in the 2.0
family.

Bugfixes against 1.1 releases can be marked with which 1.1.x release (if
any) we plan to fix them in.  As with 1.2.x, we can add those as we need
them (I have karma on bugzilla).

David

Ted Husted,