"Vic Cekvenich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
b2t728$t7c$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:b2t728$t7c$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I have been nudging people toiwards JSTL.
> A nice feature is FMT tag that formats the number, date, etc. in the
> JSP. FMT tag needs the formBeans to return int!

No, it does not. If you provide a string to the format tags, such as
<fmt:formatNumber>, it will convert it to the appropriate numeric type. Try
the following:

----- cut here -----
<%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt"; %>

<%
    request.setAttribute("foo", "1234567890");
%>

<fmt:formatNumber value="${foo}" type="currency"/>
----- cut here -----

To avoid any question of what other JSTL tags might be doing, I've
explicitly stored a string in a request attribute. The output from the above
page is:

$1,234,567,890.00

The <fmt:formatNumber> tag did its job just fine when passed a string
instead of an integer.

--
Martin Cooper