Yes, it was James, and I join thanking him, et. all.

The effect is feature creep delaying a release with a limited pool of resources, for things that some would like to deprecate. Like in Struts 1.2 supporting Tomcat 3.x? That takes time, and limits what can be done in other areas.

Surely you agree that some tags should slowly move to jakarta.taglib?

And if I can disagree on the stats, my anecdotal evidence is that projects in development are Tomcat 4.x (JSP and Servlet API).

Else consider adding developers (keep an eye on Matt Raible, Ben Tomasini, Scot Skyles, Ibatis.com guy, Tiles 201 guy, Stxx guy, sf.struts people, ... )

Again, my hope is that a "quick 1.2" release is Servlet 2.3 and EL.

( Struts 2.0 wish list?: more soapy, and JSP2.0, maven, jelly, and http://ireport.sourceforge.net/images/screenshot6.gif drag and drop 2 way from jsp to beans, jdk 1.4)

I am now teaching JSP 2.0 in Resin 3/Tomcat 5 in my Struts classe with this 2.0 syntax:
${ibean['field']}
By the time their 6 month project cycle is ready to deploy, JSP2.0 will be out.

Just take it into consideration, a faster development cycle, means making some "austerity choices" in 1.2. Alternative? Struts 1.2 in .... 18 months?

.V