On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, James Mitchell wrote:

> Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 11:24:49 -0500
> From: James Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: 'Struts Developers List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Running Cactus Tests
>
> My final take on this (as stated in committed change to
> jspRedirector.jsp):
>
>   Modified:    web/test jspRedirector.jsp
>   Log:
>   Update redirector to a version that (at least) compiles with
>   Cactus 1.3, 1.4, and 1.4.1
>
>   I still cannot make any tests pass that call request.getServerPort()
> in the
>   Cactus 1.4.x environment.  This may be a known bug with that project
>   or perhaps a mismatch of dependent jars.
>
>   For now, our tests will only run on Cactus 1.3
>

> Unless I'm blindly missing some configuration, there appears to be
> something wrong with Cactus' implementation of HttpServletRequest in
> 1.4.x versions.  Calling request.getServerPort() always returns 80.
>
> I would appreciate someone else with more Cactus expertise to take a
> look at what I might be missing.

Which test(s) fail for you?  The changes to jspRedirector.jsp made many of
the tests work for me -- but I get an error on test suite
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TestErrorsTag1, in the
"testErrorsDefaultBundle2Errors" testcase (the second one executed).  The
failure is comparing the expected and test results, and looks like it
might just be a newline inserted in one but not the other -- but this
doesn't appear related to getServerPort().

> --
> James Mitchell
> Software Developer/Struts Evangelist
> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts