It is a fact. You can do the math yourself to verify. Tomcat pooling did not break the tags; the tags were always in violation of the JSP spec. I did not point this out to imply that the tags were not important, only to show that they make up a huge amount of our effort and the difficulty of writing fully compliant tags.

It would benefit Struts to move the tags to a separate distro (there should probably still be an all-in-one distro too).

David

From: "Edgar P. Dollin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Struts Developers List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Interesting Bug Fact
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:07:28 -0500

I would like to add an observation to this 'fact'.  The tags have taken
a huge hit due to the complexity tomcat added with 'pooled' tags.  The
pooling broke all the tags resulting in a high level of bug reporting.

IMO it highlights the importance of the tag library to struts, at least
until JSF is ready for prime time.

Edgar