I was thinking that 1.1 final would come after RC2 with the final versions of dependent jars.

Do we have a direct dependency on commons-pool or is that included to support DBCP? I would like to remove the dependency on those packages for 1.2 as they won't be needed to support the deprecated GenericDataSource.

David

From: Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Close to RC2?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:59:22 -0500

A frequent comment about RC1 is that it did not use the released versions of the Commons packages.

I think for RC2 to be a "likely" release candidate and enable us to go from there to a final release, we will need to lock down the Commons dependencies first.

Otherwise, I believe we would just be preordaining a RC3 that deployed the final versions of the Commons packages.

So, I would say that as soon as the requisite Commons packages are released, we would be good to go to RC2 (assuming that we have kept our own tickets trimmed, as we have so far).

-T.

David Graham wrote:
Current bug status:
Struts - 1 against a nested tag.
Validator - 0, probably ready for a 1.0.2 release
File Upload - 3, 2 of which should be easy fixes
Logging - 8
Pool/DBCP - 7, I think we can remove this dependency for 1.2

So what does everyone think about an RC2 release? We probably need some volunteers to help out over in commons on DBCP and Logging to get those fixed up before we go final but I think an RC2 would be appropriate at this point.

David

Ted Husted,