The other issue here, and one I'm sure that a lot of other folks on the
list who interact with the public a lot can sympathize with, is that
there are a LOT of commercial entities still using 1.0 because they have
a policy of not using beta software.  I cringe when I think of all the
people suffering needlessly under the yoke of 1.0's limitations, and
thus have been increasingly frustrated at the delays in getting 1.1 out.

Oh yah, and I wanna get my new validations into the repository too
(truth in advertising...)

James