David Graham wrote:
One thing that bothers me is that RequestProcessor is not an interface which leads to the Tiles situation. If it were an interface, you could implement your one method and delegate the rest to the TilesRequestProcessor or any number of other processors.

IMO, RequestProcessor should be an interface in Struts 2.0 to allow the composition you're looking for.

David

If RequestProcessor becomes an interface then you ought invent
a RequestProcessorManager interface, which is an object
responsible for managing and invoking request processor.
In other words we have a manager and worker children.

If not the controller XML needs changing. How about

<manager class="ControllerManager" >
  <controller class="TilesRequestProcessor" />
  <controller class="FoobarRequestProcessor" />
  <controller class="AcmeRequestProcessor" />
</manager>

For Expresso I too have subclassed the TilesRequestProcessor
for our own ExpressoRequestProcessor. Can a module have
more than one controller?

--
Peter Pilgrim