At 16:33 +0100 6/1/03, Peter A. Pilgrim wrote:
For Expresso I too have subclassed the TilesRequestProcessor
for our own ExpressoRequestProcessor. Can a module have
more than one controller?

Not the way it is right now, and I'm not sure why you'd need it. I think if you want to use the approach you described:

<manager class="ControllerManager" >
  <controller class="TilesRequestProcessor" />
  <controller class="FoobarRequestProcessor" />
  <controller class="AcmeRequestProcessor" />
</manager>

... then it makes more sense to define interfaces for each lifecycle method of RequestProcessor and use the XML to configure a collection of handlers. But David, at least, seems to think that's overkill. I don't feel very strongly about it, but no one else has even weighed in. It would mean a lot of interfaces, given that RequestProcessor has 16 "process*" methods. Probably it is overkill...

Given the XML you provided, how would the Manager know which controller to use when?

Joe

Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time." --Jaron Lanier