I'm reposting as the previous attempt may have gotten
lost in the new release excitement.

I'd like to know what the CURRENT plans are for
supporting date datatypes in the framework.  This
means conversion of strings --> dates for FormBean
population and the converse date --> string for
rendering FormBean values.  I searched the archives
and this seems to have come up a number of times over
the last 3 years, and yet there is still no official
support.  I've been working around the issue by
creating an intermediary String field and doing my own
data conversion in the form bean, but I think this is
common enough to support inclusion in the framework.
If this is something that would be approved for
inclusion, I'd be more than glad to help submit a patch.