"David Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> --- Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > "Steve Peterson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > While you are talking about updating the build, another small item for
> > the
> > > todo list would be to sync the version number assignment up with the
> > > now-project-standard a.b.c style release numbering.  I have personally
> > seen
> > > some (small) confusion related to release 1.1.0 being stored in
> > > jakarta-struts-1.1.zip.
> >
> > The problem here, I think, is that we should not be referring to it as
> > 1.1.0
> > at all. The decision we made, unless I'm mistaken, is that we would
> > start to
> > use the 3-part numbering *after* Struts 1.1, not *with* Struts 1.1. So
> > there
> > is no 1.1.0 release.
>
> I'm a bit confused by this.  Didn't we already have a 3 part numbering
> system with 1.0.1 and 1.0.2?  1.1.1 would be a bugfix release only;
> however, we decided to not do that and roll up any bug fixes +
> enhancements into 1.2.0.

We had three-part numbering, yes, but only for bug fix releases. But we had
1.0 and 1.1 for the regular releases, not 1.0.0 and 1.1.0. Going forward
from now, the plan is to always have three parts to the release number, even
for non-bug-fix-only releases, in a similar manner to Tomcat.

--
Martin Cooper